In this episode of the Nacho Kids Podcast, Lori, co-founder of Nacho Kids, interviews stepmom Emily who has been blending for three years. She is a stepmom to a sassy four-year-old that is with her and her husband fifty percent of the time. Emily is an “ours” kid herself. Emily started off being a gungho stepmom, like many of us, then she realized she was overstepping in her stepmom role.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Becoming a stepmom and forgetting who you are & hitting rock bottom
- Overstepping in the stepmom role
- The bio parent can’t parent if the stepparent doesn’t let them
- Being an “ours” baby
- Letting the stepkid lead the relationship
- Outside influences on the blend
Rate & Review Our Podcast
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Nacho Kids Facebook group
- Nacho Kids Facebook page
- Nacho Kids Academy Facebook page
- Merry Christmas To The Family Song
Nacho Kids' purpose is to dramatically reduce the blended family and stepfamily failure rate by providing the information and tools needed to live a successful and healthy blended life.
Follow or Subscribe To Our Podcast
- On the web: https://nachokids.com/podcast
- iTunes: https://nachokids.com/itunes
- Stitcher: https://nachokids.com/stitcher
- Google Play: https://nachokids.com/googleplay
Join The Conversation
If you’d like to be a guest on the Nacho Kids Podcast, reach out to us and we’ll see what we can do! Or if you have a question you’d like us to answer, send us a message! We are very thankful to all of our guests and our listeners. Our hope for you is that something you hear here will help you in your blend!