In this episode of the Nacho Kids Podcast, Lori, co-founder of Nacho Kids, interviews a neurodivergent stepmom from Texas. This stepmom has been blending for five years. She has one biological son and one stepdaughter. When this stepmom was diagnosed, things began to make a lot more sense to her in regards to the struggles she had experienced in her past. She shares with us her story and tips for stepparents with neurodivergent stepkids in hopes of helping the stepparent better understand the stepkid and their challenges.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Expectations of a neurodivergent individual
- Meltdowns versus tantrums
- Communication with a neurodivergent person
- Three things stepparents should know about neurodivergent stepkids
- Benevolent sexism
Rate & Review Our Podcast
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Nacho Kids Facebook group
- Nacho Kids Facebook page
- Nacho Kids Academy Facebook page
Nacho Kids' purpose is to dramatically reduce the blended family and stepfamily failure rate by providing the information and tools needed to live a successful and healthy blended life.
Follow or Subscribe To Our Podcast
- On the web: https://nachokids.com/podcast
- iTunes: https://nachokids.com/itunes
- Stitcher: https://nachokids.com/stitcher
- Google Play: https://nachokids.com/googleplay
Join The Conversation
If you’d like to be a guest on the Nacho Kids Podcast, reach out to us and we’ll see what we can do! Or if you have a question you’d like us to answer, send us a message! We are very thankful to all of our guests and our listeners. Our hope for you is that something you hear here will help you in your blend!