In this episode of the Nacho Kids Podcast, Lori, co-founder of Nacho Kids, interviews stepmom Jennifer. Jennifer has been with her significant other for six years and married for three and a half years. She has two stepkids and one “ours” kid. Jennifer wasn’t around the stepkids a lot prior to the marriage and believes if she would have spent a lot more time with the stepkids prior to marriage, she may not have gotten married. With each life event in Jennifer and her husband’s life, the high conflict bio mom was triggered to start something. This seems to be a very common occurrence in blended families.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Kids from high conflict divorces
- Being a positive and happy place for the stepkids
- Telling the stepkids “I’m not your mom”
- The family court system
- Psychological strain from court battles
- Dealing with a very high conflict bio mom
Rate & Review Our Podcast
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Nacho Kids Facebook group
- Nacho Kids Facebook page
- Nacho Kids Academy Facebook page
- Nacho Kids Instagram
Nacho Kids' purpose is to dramatically reduce the blended family and stepfamily failure rate by providing the information and tools needed to live a successful and healthy blended life.
Follow or Subscribe To Our Podcast
- On the web: https://nachokids.com/podcast
- iTunes: https://nachokids.com/itunes
- Stitcher: https://nachokids.com/stitcher
- Google Play: https://nachokids.com/googleplay
Join The Conversation
If you’d like to be a guest on the Nacho Kids Podcast, reach out to us and we’ll see what we can do! Or if you have a question you’d like us to answer, send us a message! We are very thankful to all of our guests and our listeners. Our hope for you is that something you hear here will help you in your blend!