In this episode of the Nacho Kids Podcast, Lori, co-founder of Nacho Kids, interviews stepmom Megan. Megan is a stepkid herself. As a stepkid, Megan didn’t like her stepdad telling her mom how to parent her, so Megan went to live with her grandparents when she was 13 and never moved back in with her mom and stepdad. Megan has two bio children of her own and has been in two blended relationships. She has been in her current blended relationship for three years and her stepdaughter lives with them full time. Megan and her significant other have had some trying times with bio mom and the family court system. It took Megan two years to figure out her role in the blend, and now Nachos.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Being a stepkid with a stepparent that tells the bio parent how to parent
- Dealing with a bio mom that has drug issues
- When the other bio parent lives in a different state
- Your significant other expecting you to be “Mom”
- When the stepparent pushes the bio parent to get custody
Rate & Review Our Podcast
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Nacho Kids Facebook group
- Nacho Kids Facebook page
- Nacho Kids Academy Facebook page
- Nacho Kids Instagram
Nacho Kids' purpose is to dramatically reduce the blended family and stepfamily failure rate by providing the information and tools needed to live a successful and healthy blended life.
Follow or Subscribe To Our Podcast
- On the web: https://nachokids.com/podcast
- iTunes: https://nachokids.com/itunes
- Stitcher: https://nachokids.com/stitcher
- Google Play: https://nachokids.com/googleplay
Join The Conversation
If you’d like to be a guest on the Nacho Kids Podcast, reach out to us and we’ll see what we can do! Or if you have a question you’d like us to answer, send us a message! We are very thankful to all of our guests and our listeners. Our hope for you is that something you hear here will help you in your blend!